Hail Him Who saves you by His grace,
And crown Him Lord of all!
“They [those who fear the LORD] shall be Mine,” says the LORD of hosts, “On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.” (Mal. 3:17)
Those who love and worship the Lord are His and He will make them His jewels. Men will labor long and hard seeking gold, but even more so to find a rare and precious gemstone, is of immeasurable value in the sight of its rightful owner. The believer shares many characteristics of a precious gem in the eyes of the Lord, His rightful owner:
- The value of something is determined by the price its possessor is willing to pay for it. Jesus purchased the church with His blood, His jewels of great value to Him
- Divinely created. A Christian is as great a work of God as is the creation of the world.
- Many are called but few are chosen.
- A diamond’s sparkle reflects the light. So does the believer shine when he reflects the light that has been given to him by the Lord.
- In color, size, kind, value, brilliance, and worth. The priest’s breastplate had 12 gems, no two were alike, but all were equally near Aaron’s heart. No two apostles were alike. No two believers are alike.
- Diamonds do not die, cannot be cut or scratched, and are uninjured by acid, able to endure the test of fire. The Child of God, too, will endure to the end and reign with Christ forever.
- Discovered in the mud and mire of earth, man buried in sin.
- Skillful fingers cut, shape and polish the diamond, highlighting its many facets. God polishes His children with His Word, smoothing the rough edges of their being with trials and tribulations.
- Gloriously displayed. Rough, dirty stones are cut and polished, given an honored place in the diadem of a king. Infinitely more wonderful is that people, poor lost sinners, are saved by His sovereign grace and among the crown-jewels of the Son of God.
- In Africa, hundreds of men will labor an entire year to obtain a diamond that can be held in the palm of one’s hand. God has engraved us on the palms of His hands (Is. 49:16).
Won’t you shine for Jesus today? You are His jewel, a living soul, fallen and depraved; redeemed from the power of sin and death, purchased by Jesus’ blood. Only God’s divine grace could make this possible. Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all!